Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Monster at the end of this Book by Jon Stone is an excellent book. I really enjoyed the way the book was so interactive with the reader. Grover is terrified of the monster that the title promises will arrive at the end of the book. The entire time he is trying to convince the reader to stop turning pages so he will not have to see this monster. The illustrations by Michael Smollin really made me pay attention to the shouts Grover makes to attract the readers' attention. Also, I really liked the ways that Smollin used illustrations to demonstrate the ways that Grover is trying to stop the reader from turning the next page. I think this book would be great for younger readers.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!! I love love love this book. I read it to the 4 year olds at my daycare at least once a day! They love it!! It is so fun to read with expression! The children just crack up.

    ReplyDelete