Monday, February 9, 2009

Run Far, Run Fast


Run Far, Run Fast by Timothy Decker was a very odd book. I was very excited to read about the plague and it's play in history but I found myself confused after reading the book. The story unveils a young girl whose family is being hit with the Pestilence. Her mother sends her away and tells her to "Run far, Run fast". The girl goes from city to town but the plague is everywhere. She encounters one man who shares his views on the plague and she returns home to get her brother. The story ends with them sleeping at his house. The book was very vague in it's story line. The entire book is black and white which gives a very depressing feel to the book which fits since it is about the plague. But I didn't understand some of the pictures in the book which was frustrating because I feel that the pictures are telling a story of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment