Sunday, May 10, 2009

EarthDance


Earthdance by Joanne Ryder is a colorful book that allows children to step outside their ordinary realm of thinking. It asks the reader to think of themselves as the earth and then carries it through the atmosphere as if they are the earth. I liked this book because it used such great descriptive words that allowed the reader to imagine they are dancing through the atmosphere. I also liked that it was such an unique book that not all kids have read before. It is a book that will allow them to think about things in a way that puts them into the book fully. I used this book for my text set because I thought that it brought about the topic of dancing in a different way that some students wouldn't originally think of. I loved that it used a science topic to draw the readers to a topic that may have always been more oriented towards artsy types.

No comments:

Post a Comment