Sunday, May 10, 2009

So Far From the Bamboo Grove

So Far From the Bamboo Grove by Yoko Kawashima Watkins was a very interesting book. I loved that it was very detailed and descriptive so that the reader was able to have vivid pictures of the experiences that the reader went through. Yet at the same time I hated reading about such a horrible topic and felt sick to my stomach throughout the book. I think that this book would be beneficial in an older elementary classroom but I think that there may be some students who will not feel comfortable reading it. I loved our discussion in the classroom because I was one of the readers who couldn't believe the urine part and just assumed that everyone felt that way. It was crazy to me to think that other didn't even pause. I think that was a very big thing for me this semester was how everyone is going to have a different perspective. I need to be conscious of this when I am a teacher because I will have over 20 different perspectives in my classroom. Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment