Sunday, May 10, 2009

Leaving the Nest

Leaving the Nest by Mordicai Gerstein was a book about a bird, kitten, little girl, and squirrel that all need to "leave the nest" because they are growing up. I was very amused by this book and loved that it had a type of graphic novel approach with the text in bubbles. I also loved that there were 4 stories going on at once so I was always anxious to see what happened next. I think it had a very silly and fun approach to something that may be hard for children to deal with. I think this book could be useful for children who may not want to start school and leave their parents. It would be helpful because you could use the experiences of the characters and how much they were able to see and learn when they left. I also really liked the illustrations. Overall I think this will always be one of my favorite picture books.

No comments:

Post a Comment