Monday, March 9, 2009

The Misfits


The Misfits by James Howe was an amazing book. I was immediately drawn into the book because of the way Bobby describes everything. He had such an interesting description of the events at school. His gang of friends were such a great group of friends. They were all portrayed wonderfully with their different sets of quirks and personalities. I was unsure of why they portrayed Joe so flamboyantly. But after our discussion in class, it all seemed to fit together. This book was such a hard one to put down because I couldn't wait to see how it ended. When I first got done with the book, I was pretty upset with how everything ended. I couldn't believe the No-name party didn't win the election but after I thought about it for awhile I realized there was no other way to end the book. I thought it was great that the Gang of Five ended up winners and were able to implement one of their ideas even though the didn't end up as the winners of the election. I really liked that Bobby confronted his dad about the way he was living. Sometimes a child can see things that an adult can't and I really liked that Bobby was able to help his dad. I think this book may be a little advanced for middle school but I could see 7th or 8th graders reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment