Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What Did I Look Like When I Was A Baby?


The book What Did I Look Like When I Was A Baby? by Jeanne Willis is a favorite book of mine. It shows a little boy asking what he looked like when he was a baby. Then it goes to show a bunch of animals asking their parents what they were like when they were babies. All their parents respond with answers that they looked like either their mom or dad until a frog asks what he looked like. His mother shows him a picture and he gets very upset until he hears his brothers and sisters singing a song about tadpoles turning into frogs. I really liked that they included a wide variety of animals that children don't see in their everyday lives. Also, I was excited to see that their was a song in the book that a teacher could incorporate into their classroom. The Bullfrog Song is then shown on the back cover so that the teacher contains lyrics to it. I think this would be a great way to bring music into the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't even know this book existed and am so happy I read your post for find out about it! This book sounds awesome. When you can relate ideas/topics to not only yourself (humans) but animals too, what a great way to introduce children to where/who are they from & what they were like.

    ReplyDelete