Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Two Uncles (Controversial)


My Two Uncles by Judith Vigna is a story that portrays a family where some are accepting of a gay son and others are not. The gay son's brothers and niece are okay with the fact that he has chosen to be gay and have a partner but his parents are not. I think it was a great way to show that the younger generations are more okay with people that are different but older generations do not like the changes. It reminds me of my grandparents sometimes in the way that they are pessimistic about all of the changes that are coming about in the world. I liked how in the end his mom comes in to give both him and his partner a hug yet his dad stays outside. I thought it was important to show that although he is trying to be supportive, it is a process that he will need to grow with.

No comments:

Post a Comment