Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dance


The book Dance by Bill T. Jones was a book about all of the different types of ways a person can move their body when they are dancing. I think my favorite part of this book was that the person who showed all of the dance moves and ways their body can move was a man. It was surprising because many of the dance books that I have read before almost always include mainly girls. I think that this will allow boys to see that dancing is okay for them also. I like the quote in the end "Dance is action and shape designed in space and time to express feelings and ideas" by the author. I think that any dancer knows exactly what he is talking about when he says that dancing is part of expressing yourself. I feel the same way with music and know that many times it will help me control my feelings whether they may be angry, sad, or happy. The pictures were very realistic and I can almost feel like I am there watching him dance. I also was excited to see that the author was the one who was doing the dancing. It made me feel that his excitement for the book was very heartfelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment