Saturday, April 4, 2009

Princess Penelope


Princess Penelope by Todd Mack is a book about a little girl named Penelope who believes she is a Princess. She takes a normal day and shows the reader how her life mirrors the life of a princess. I found it amusing how she can take the most mundane task and find it glamorous such as riding in the car in her car seat which is like when a princess is sitting on her throne. The book was very girly and fun especially with the text that was written in curly cursive with some of the words written bigger and in pink. I think part of the reason this book appealed to me so much because I remember when I was a child and wanting to be a princess. I used to play in my own fantasy world and pretend that I was Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I think this book gives little girls the perfect excuse to lose themselves in their own fantasy for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment