Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Puppy Who Wanted A Boy


The Puppy Who Wanted A Boy by Jane Thayer was a warm fuzzy feeling book. I was intrigued because two of my friends exclaimed how much they loved this book when they were a child when they saw it in my room. The book talks about how this puppy wants his very own boy for Christmas. However his mother can't find any boys because they are short on demand this year. So Petey (the puppy) goes around to see if any other dog will give up their boy. After receiving many frightening nos, Petey loses hope until he finds a boy at a Home for Boy Orphans. The boy takes him inside and he is greeted by many boys. He then makes a home for himself at the orphanagage and is happy. I really liked this book because it gave a different feeling to getting a puppy. It was cute to look at getting a puppy from the puppy's angle and that every puppy wants a boy just as much as a boy wants a puppy. One thing I didn't like was that the puppy only wanted a boy and not a girl owner. But the book is a bit older so I think that is a big part of why only the boy is shown with the puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment