Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Let's Dance!


Let's Dance! by George Ancona is a book that describes dancing in every form. It talks about dancing with groups or alone, for men or women, and so on. I really liked this book and thought it was very informational. Throughout the book it talked about different cultures and a type of dancing which I thought was interesting because I wasn't familiar with many of them. I really liked the beginning that said "If you can walk, you can dance" because I feel that many children think that they are "bad" dancers. I really would want to portray to my students that anyone can dance and it doesn't matter how you move as long as you are having fun. I think this book would be amazing for any type of lesson on dancing because not only does it instill confidence in the students, but it will teach them about different types of dance and cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment