Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Frog Face


Frog Face: My little sister and me by John Schindel is a story about a little girl adjusting to having a new baby sister in her family and life. I really liked this book because it showed that within family relationships there are going to be hard times and times when you may not like the other one very much. However at the end of the day you are going to be there for one another and with love. I really liked the pictures by Janet Delaney because they were real and showed the relationship building between two sisters over the years. I thought it was very cool that Delaney dedicated this book to her two daughters and I wouldn't be surprised if these photos in the book are her daughters that she took when they were younger. I think this book would be beneficial to have in the classroom as it teaches children to appreciate their siblings. It shows them that their siblings add a certain amount of joy to their lives and that there is no bond like the ones that siblings share.

No comments:

Post a Comment